• National Guard-Jeremy Carter has enlisted in the National Guard Reserves and is asking for help to obtain a scholarship. The Guard is sponsoring a blood drive and his goal is to get 50 individuals to donate blood which will give him a $500 scholarship to help with his college fees. Please contact Jeremy for details on how you can help him and others by donating.
• REMINDER- Nicaragua Supply List-We need vegetable seeds, flip flops (all sizes), medical supplies (band-aids, Tylenol children/adults, antibiotic ointment, cold/allergy meds, etc) & non-prescription reading glasses. These are the things that the pastors we are supporting down there said they are in need of…
• June 5-Senior Trip to Carter Fold
• June 7-Church Council meeting after PM service
• June 13-WOM monthly meeting at 9:00 a.m.
• June 14-Samaritan’s Purse Father’s Day Shoeboxes due
• June 17-Monthly Business Meeting
• June 21-26 Vacation Bible School; We still need a co-teacher for Pre-K and helpers for Arts & Crafts and Games. Please see Andrea Jessee if you can help in these areas.
• H.O.P.E. Christian Ministries- If you can help with either of these new summertime ministries for any amount of time in June/July, please contact Janey Osborne at email@example.com or 423-306-2498. They will be starting the week of June 8, and continue through the end of July.
o Wednesday Night ‘Making a Difference’ in our community. We will be sending out two groups of people to The Village and another location with food, music, and ministry. Let’s take church outside our walls! We are looking for volunteers to help with making sandwiches/food bags, those that can play a guitar and sing, those that want to lead devotions, and those that want to go out into our community to “Make a Difference”.
o Tuesday and/or Thursday “Kids Day Out” at H.O.P.E. Christian Ministries. We are looking for some volunteers to do a miniature VBS type program at H.O.P.E. from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. We will need volunteers to help fix them a meal, make crafts, and tell them about Jesus through stories or play.
• Please visit our web site at www.thomasvillagebaptistchurch.org for a full calendar of events