• VISION VIRGINIA-Please consider giving to this important mission. 100% of the funds given go directly to the mission field. The fund supports dozens of ministries, including hunger ministries, church planting, and disaster relief and ministry scholarships.
• October 25- AWANA workers meeting at 4:00 p.m.
• October 31-Trunk or Treat 5:00-8:00 p.m. Sign up sheets are on the table in the foyer
• The annual homecoming of the Southern Baptist Conservatives of Virginia (SBC) is upon us, and through our church’s giving this past year we are qualified to send up to 15 messengers. The event starts on Sunday evening on November 8 and goes through Tuesday November 11. It is being held at Liberty Baptist Church in Hampton, Virginia. You can register on-line at www.sbcv.org/annualhomecoming2015
• The Clothes Closet at HOPE is in need of men’s CASUAL clothing. Jeans, khakis, casual shirts, and shoes, are greatly needed at this time. Boys and young men’s clothing are also needed. You may drop off your clothing at HOPE on Tuesday evenings between 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., Wednesday mornings between 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., or the 2nd Thursday of any month between 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
• The Food Pantry at HOPE is in need of canned goods like fruit and vegetables. Also canned meats, peanut butter, and cereal can always be used. Any donation you can make keeps us from having to purchase these food items for our pantry. You may also make a tax-deductible monetary donation to HOPE Christian Ministries at any time. Just place your donation in an envelope and put in our offering plate, designate it to HOPE, and we will get your donation.
• HELP NEEDED-Assistant Sunday School Teachers needed-Please see Kay Jessee
• VAN DRIVERS NEEDED-Please see Frank Pennington if you are interested in being on the monthly rotation.
• If you have an event or reminder that you would like to have placed in the weekly bulletin, please submit them to Melissa Pennington email@example.com or text 423-579-2921 or leave a note on the desk in the business office. Please submit them no later than Thursday evening to be included in the Sunday bulletin. The bulletin is normally printed Friday morning.
• Earn Bucks for Your School
For 2015-2016 school year, Food City will donate $600,000 in cash through the Food City School Bucks program. The points your school earns will help grow their share of the $600,000 total. It’s like a pie – the size of your school’s slice will depend on how many points they have received. Link your value card to the local school of your choice. Have Questions? Visit our School Bucks FAQs page. https://www.foodcity.com/content/56/