• WEDDING-May 11-Please come celebrate the marriage of Jasmine Carter and Scott Blake at 6:00 p.m. Location: 605 Boones Station Road, Gray TN 37659
• National Guard-Jeremy Carter has enlisted in the National Guard Reserves and is asking for help to obtain a scholarship. The Guard is sponsoring a blood drive and his goal is to get 50 individuals to donate blood which will give him a $500 scholarship to help with his college fees. Please contact Jeremy for details on how you can help him and others by donating.
• REMINDER- Nicaragua Supply List-We need vegetable seeds, flip flops (all sizes), medical supplies (band-aids, Tylenol children/adults, antibiotic ointment, cold/allergy meds, etc) & non-prescription reading glasses. These are the things that the pastors we are supporting down there said they are in need of…
• If you would like to send a card or note to Ruth Rhoton:
c/o Vickie Litteral
101 Spade Leaf Blvd
Hendersonville, TN 37075
• May 17
o Youth Sunday during AM service
o Music Class with Nathaniel Smith at 5:00 p.m. This 5-week class is open to everyone and will be held each Sunday through June 7
o AWANA Closing Ceremony at 6:00 p.m. with a hot dog supper to follow. We will have our area missionaries Wally and Wendy Shields with us that night and will be presenting awards and each class will have a showcase of what they learned.
• REVIVAL-May 18-20 at 7:00 p.m. each night.
• May 31-Baccalaureate at 2:00 p.m. Please contact Susan Carter if you or someone you know will be graduating from High School or College
• H.O.P.E. Christian Ministries- If you can help with either of these new summertime ministries for any amount of time in June/July, please contact Janey Osborne at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-306-2498. They will be starting the week of June 8, and continue through the end of July.
o Wednesday Night ‘Making a Difference’ in our community. We will be sending out two groups of people to The Village and another location with food, music, and ministry. Let’s take church outside our walls! We are looking for volunteers to help with making sandwiches/food bags, those that can play a guitar and sing, those that want to lead devotions, and those that want to go out into our community to “Make a Difference”.
o Tuesday and/or Thursday “Kids Day Out” at H.O.P.E. Christian Ministries. We are looking for some volunteers to do a miniature VBS type program at H.O.P.E. from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. We will need volunteers to help fix them a meal, make crafts, and tell them about Jesus through stories or play.